Micro Posts (Twitter Updates)

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 11, 2009

    Udderly Good Ice-cream

    In Udders with fellow Gourmet-ers

    Last week I attended an ice-cream buffet at Udders, which was an event offered by SMU's Gourmet Club and no regrets about the amount of ice cream I consumed or the pounds I might have piled on in that one visit to the cool, cute, little ice cream store located next to United Square Shopping Mall.

    Udders is known to create their own flavours and are always experimenting with new tastes. You walk in and there's a long chalk board filled with different ideas for new ice cream flavours suggested by customers and others can add their own ideas on there too and vote for the ones they like. A simple, yet very cool way of consumer participation and feedback... I'll probably use the word 'cool' more than a few times because it's the only word that I think describes it's atmosphere, it's look and concept, and ironically also relates to ice-cream. In my mind, anything that allows your customers to express their creativity is a cool idea, so not only can you put up ur ideas for ice cream flavours, but there's a black plastic board on the opposite wall for you to scribble on, with neon pens provided for you. This board was completely filled with messages, birthday shout outs,'xyz was here 08' and other random ramblings. It all adds to the rather young, hip and cool decor and atmosphere. They're ice-cream flavours also reflect this with best sellers such as Lychee Martini, Rum and Raisan and Baileys and Bourbon (one of my favourites), Orange Choc Bitter (with Triple Sec Vodka) and Amaretto Black (all of which were stronger than expected). Of course they have classic flavours such as vanilla and strawberry (although I don't recall chocolate as a flavour being offered), and they also offer distincly Singaporean flavours, like Durian (two types of durian flavours available! Who would have guessed?).

    Not only is the ice cream popular there but they're drinks are a hit too, with ice cream floats (in what looks to me like a vase for fake flowers - pictured left) and their hot chocolate are favourites among their customers.

    One of the best ice-cream places I've been to in Singapore.If I had to give a rating, I would give 8 out of 10 =)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment